You are in: Home Page » USEFUL INFORMATION


A passaport or a valid identity document (for the EC citizens) is necessary to enter Italy and the permission of stay for tourists lasts three months; for longer period inquiry must be made by the Italian Consulates abroad. When travellers (from the EC countries) visit National Museums and Ruins in Italy, in the most part of them if they show their identity cards and if they are under 18 or over 65 years old they do not pay; if they are over 18 but under 25 years old they pay half price. Minors who are travelling with their parents, if they do not have their own identity document , must be included in the passaport of one of the parents. Specific regulations require a consular visa for travellers coming from the countries in East Europe (states of the former USSR, some countries of the former Yugoslavia) from Albania and Turkey. A visa is not required (for max. 90 days) for visitors coming from the following countries: Andorra - Argentina - Australia - Bolivia - Brasile - Brunei - Bulgaria - Canada - Cile - Cipro - Corea del Sud - costa Rica -Croazia - El Salvador - Giappone - Guatemala - Honduras Israele - Malesia - Malta - Messico - Monaco - Nicaragua - Nuova Zelanda - Panama - Paraguay - San Marino - Santa Sede - Singapore - Slovacchia- Slovenia - USA - Svizzera - Uruguay - Venezuela. Driving licenses of other countries are recognized in Italy. The green card (or an equivalent international insurance certificate) is required for citizens from non-EU countries.

are allowed to enter Italy only if they are in good health and vaccinated against rabies.

are largely accepted in the cities, but in the rural area cash is preferable.

Hot/cold water, lighting, a weekly bed linen and weekly cleaning (unless otherwise stated in the description - please read it with attention or check with us).

Normally on Your arrival You have already sent all money for the reservation of the dwelling. You will be asked a caution (see the description) which is given back on Your departure. Use of telephone, tennis, swimming-pool, horse-riding, mountain-bike hire, maid/cook service must be paid, unless otherwise stated in the description of the property.

All apartments are adequately equipped and all kitchens have a fridge and hob, but the electrical appliances may not be the same as in Your own home. Kettlers, toasters, hair-dryers could be not provided (check the description). Beds in Italy are very different and shorter than those You find in other countries of Europe. In addition, when larger properties offer a discounted rate for under-occupancy, some rooms of the apartment could be unavailable: please check at the moment of the reservation.

Tap water is potable without problem everywhere in Italy and it is analysed constantly by the Ministry of Health. In some areas its taste could be particular according to the different regions: e.g. in Sorrento area water tastes of calcium because of the minerals in the surroundings. Anyway You can use normally tap water to cook. Water shortages could occur during the long dry periods in summer and tourists are requested to be as sparing as possible .

Electricity in Italy is 220 volts, 50 cycles alternating current (AC). If you plan on using Your own 110-volt appliances, You will need a voltage converter, unless Your appliance can work with 220 volts electricity too (dual voltage): some electric shavers are designed to work both at 110 and 220 volts . If You use in Italy without any voltage converter an appliance that does not work with 220 volts electricity it will be seriously damaged . It could be very difficult to find a voltage converter here and it is advisable to buy one in Your country before leaving. Besides, it is advisable not to use too many electrical appliances at the same time because the most part of the dwellings are provided with a limitator which cuts off the electricity supply.

If You rent an apartment with a swimming-pool outside the period from 30 September to 30 May, it could be closed: please ask us before the reservation.

A big part of our apartments are near gardens or surrounded by fields: so it could happen that dogs, roosters or other animals could disturb or wake up in the early morning. Besides, insected are attracted by light by night and we suggest to bring necessary spray against mosquito bites, etc.

Throughout Italy it is possible to dial directly for continental and intercontinental communication. If there are difficulties an English-speaking operator can be contacted by dialling 170. If You need particular information abroad dial 4176. Public telephones are available in every provincial chief town along the streets and in over 300,000 bars. The public telephones work by using coins or phonecards of Euros 5.0 and 10 You can buy them in the tobacconist's, newspaper kiosk and other public places.

Police - Emergency: Phone: 113 Carabinieri - Emergency: Phone: 112 Fire Brigade: Phone: 115 Medical emergency service: Phone: 118

Italian Banks are open from 8.30/8.40 am-13.30/13.40pm and from 14.30/14.40 pm-15.30/15.45. On Saturday and Sunday they are closed. Each bank opens and closes at a different time, but all of them have the ATM available all day long.

They are generally open from 8.00am-13.30/14.00pm from Monday to Friday, Saturday 8.00-12.30am. On Sunday they are closed. There may be shorter hours on the last day of the month or special occasions. Some counters (e.g. registered mail, telegrams) have different hours and in the main cities they may also open in the afternoon.

You can buy stamps in the Post Office and in the tobacconist's.